Re: [Debconf-team] talks team reportback (and block on meeting results)

On Wed, 09 Jun 2010, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> IIRC we _had_ implemented this idea for DC5 or DC6 (which ran using
> a different CMS - One written by me, and scratched since. Don
> Armstrong made the subsystem for voting for talks. But no, it's not
> adapted for Penta... and I doubt we have time to come up with such a
> hack right now.

The system I wrote was way overkill too; in most cases, a group of
experts manually tweaking the schedule will do better, especially when
the number of possible talk overlaps is small. [It's a solution which
would shine if you had a dozen tracks, and wanted to optimize audience
happiness... but with 2-4 tracks, it's lots of computing for not much
gain.]

Don Armstrong

--
Who is thinking this?