Re: [Debconf-team] talks team reportback (and block on meeting results)

Jimmy Kaplowitz dijo [Thu, Jun 03, 2010 at 03:40:27PM -0400]:
> > who or what are the "on-the-ground schedulers"?  How are they expected
> > to decide things?  Are these people (or machines?) up for accepting the
> > possible workload we're setting up here?
>
> I think the idea is people on site who are willing to hear scheduling requests
> from attendees and fit them into penta as appropriate. We already had at least
> one generally-informed offer to do that (gwolf) and there will likely be
> others. Gunnar, please correct me if I misunderstood. :)

Yes, you are right. Again, as it has become obvious: I am quite
time-constrained right now, and will be mostly-unavailable during the
first 3 weeks of July. However, I am more than willing to be the (or
one of the) on-site DebConf schedule-jugglers.

I promise not to reschedule plenaries^Wgrand^Wnon-competing talks
between 3 and 7AM.

> > If there was a way for attendees to indicate "i'd like to attend this
> > talk", that might also help the schedulers decide which rooms are
> > appropriate.
>
> There have been feedback mechanisms in penta for post-talk feedback (currently
> not enabled for dc10 for obvious reasons), but I'm not sure if those have
> always been sufficiently publicized to attendees to result in a representative
> opinion sample, nor if anyone has ever used that data for anything. This isn't
> quite the same thing as you're proposing, but for speakers or topics that have
> been in prior debconf events it might still help.
>
> I don't think your exact idea exists now, but I might be overlooking something.

IIRC we _had_ implemented this idea for DC5 or DC6 (which ran using a
different CMS - One written by me, and scratched since. Don Armstrong
made the subsystem for voting for talks. But no, it's not adapted for
Penta... and I doubt we have time to come up with such a hack right
now.

--
Gunnar Wolf • gwolf@gwolf.org • (+52-55)5623-0154 / 1451-2244