Re: [Debconf-team] RFH: scheduling DebConf10

On 06/09/2010 11:59 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> On Jun 5, 2010, at 6:32 PM, Andrew McMillan wrote:
>> I was involved in doing the scheduling for LCA 2010.  What we did
>> was to write every talk onto a post-it note, and then we drew up a whiteboard
>> with columns for each day, and within that with columns for each room.
>>
>> We then stuck all the post-it's onto the whiteboard pretty much
>> randomly and moved some of them around to avoid wrong-sized rooms, put good
>> stuff for opening & closing, avoid scheduling clashes, ...
>>
>> This worked well for a face to face, but might not be quite so good
>> for a team based around the world :-)
 [... removed stuff about caldav, which i think hans was *not*
advocating ...]
> This sounds like a good way to do it in my experience.  Digital tools
> are far too slow to do the initial organization. Post-ins are a great
> way to get the overall schedule laid out, then it can be put into a
> digtal schedule for the final tweaks.
>
> Shall we set up a time to meet up?

i was planning on putting together a first draft during the day or
evening (NYC time) tomorrow (Thursday 2010-06-10), as i'll likely be afk
over the upcoming weekend.  I have a large whiteboard at my apartment
and i could easily get a bunch of post-it notes if anyone is up for
coming over.  Mail me off-list for directions.

	--dkg