Re: [Debconf-team] Talks team meeting at 23:00 UTC

micah anderson dijo [Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 11:26:19AM -0400]:
> It could be because the last meeting was at a bad time for people
> outside of the east coast of the US, but the non-localteam people that
> attended that meeting was the sleepless azeem, and gwolf for a few
> minutes in the beginning. I really dont want to cut out azeem because he
> is awesome, especially in his participation at the last meeting which
> must have been a trying and difficult one (it was at least 3hrs in the
> middle of the night).
>
> Maybe we can come up with a compromise, do things asynchronously this
> time? We can have his (and others who would participate) thoughts on the
> agenda item before the meeting, then we can meet in person, commit to
> taking good notes, and then publish those so s/he can then have a chance
> to comment on them after. This detaches from immediate discussion with
> people, which is an unfortunate loss, but would make the local meeting
> less weird (we sat together in person, on laptops on irc, which is
> weird).

FWIW, I assumed the meeting was to be presential, and scheduled other
activities (so I could not just stay around). The meeting time is
great for us Americans!

--
Gunnar Wolf • gwolf@gwolf.org • (+52-55)5623-0154 / 1451-2244