Re: [Debconf-team] talks team followup: scheduling and plenaries

On 06/01/2010 10:38 AM, Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Donnerstag, 27. Mai 2010, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
>> > Another advantage [to having plenaries] might be to communicate specific concerns to the
>> > broader group, for example if we have a wrap-up session with reportbacks
>> > from track coordinators, bosnia/DC11 exhortations, and RCBC victor
>> > announcements.
>> >
>> > Do you see any advantages to having plenaries?  Any disadvantages?
>
> I think you described the advantages well :-)

i'll take that as a +1 for plenaries ;)

> Another topic I'd probably like to see explained and discussed is the status
> quo of the squeeze release. It's kind of the main topic of Debian ;)

hrm.  The only release team-ish talk i see is

 https://penta.debconf.org/penta/pentabarf/event/552

from Philipp Kern (cc'ed here), which doesn't sound like the plenary
topic you've proposed exactly (it seems to be more about the general
practice, rather than the specific release of squeeze).  Would either of
you (Philipp or Holger) be up for bringing this idea to the release team
and seeing if they have anyone who wants to propose such a thing?

It's very last-minute for a proposal, but i'd imagine we all agree that
a capable proposal about the state of the Squeeze release would be a
Good Thing.  I certainly think it'd be potential plenary material.

	--dkg