Re: [Debconf-team] Discussing our budgeting and sponsorship situation

Ana Guerrero dijo [Mon, May 31, 2010 at 02:24:10AM +0200]:
> * Cutting in sponsored food, this can be done in several ways:
>   - Do not sponsor breakfast (we did this in México and worked well)

Agree - After all, breakfast is the lowest attended meal of all. And
is for most cultures the lightest, so it should not be too expensive
for each of us to buy milk+cereal or similar. FWIW, it was also done
so in Edinburgh (and I loved Scottish cereals :) )

> (...)
> Cutting in sponsored food is not nice, but you would eat anyway if you
> were not in DebConf. Also, I think it is easier telling people one meal
> won't be sponsored (or that sponsored food is not granted at all) and later
> if there is money to cover it, they will get a nice surprise :)
>
> * Ask people a small fee ($10 per day?). The huge problem with this one is
> getting people paying and controlling it is a lot of work.

Well... For some of us, it would really hurt to pay first-world
prices. But if we have kitchens available, we could probably organize
fun cooking sessions (with predictably uneven results, but still)...

For the small fees - In Cáceres this was done, we sold food tickets to
non-sponsored people, and while it meant a high load for people
manning the front desk, it is completely doable.

Greetings,

--
Gunnar Wolf • gwolf@gwolf.org • (+52-55)5623-0154 / 1451-2244