Re: [Debconf-team] Discussing our budgeting and sponsorship situation

On Mon, 31 May 2010 22:37:25 -0500, Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@gwolf.org> wrote:
> Ana Guerrero dijo [Mon, May 31, 2010 at 02:24:10AM +0200]:
> > * Cutting in sponsored food, this can be done in several ways:
> >   - Do not sponsor breakfast (we did this in México and worked well)
>
> Agree - After all, breakfast is the lowest attended meal of all. And
> is for most cultures the lightest, so it should not be too expensive
> for each of us to buy milk+cereal or similar. FWIW, it was also done
> so in Edinburgh (and I loved Scottish cereals :) )

For the record, breakfast has never been included in the budget. The
food budget only included two meals. I think having some money for
coffee and something light would be a good idea, but that doesn't save
us money, it actually increases it.

micah