Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf10

On Wed, May 05, 2010 at 08:55:19PM +0000, Al Meer, Abdulaziz wrote:
> Hello
> do I have an option to attend the conference for free if I am registered as student?
>
> I appreciate your feedback

The registration deadline for sponsorship is passed, so people can't
switch into the sponsored category anymore.  So the options are:

- Register as basic without sponsorship, and pay the costs of food or
  lodging which you use.

- Register as professional or corporate, which includes all food and
  lodging.

- Don't stay with us, and don't eat our food for free (but you can pay
  for meals with us if you'd like - highly recommended!).  This way,
  you can still attend all talks for free.  To do this, all you need
  to do is arrange your own accommodation in the city somewhere.

(basically, coming to talks and other events is free, other things
require payment of actual cost if you didn't sign up by the deadline)

I hope this helped explain your options - let me know if you have any
other questions.

Thanks,

- Richard