Re: [Debconf-team] debian community outreach track

Thanks--I didn't realize we were thinking on such a big
scale. I just helped the O'Reilly Open Source convention
chairs create a track their on open source health care,
so I have some idea of the work involved in creating a
track. I've made a start already by contacting some
possible speakers, and I've got a couple more ideas.
Right now, I have no results. But I understand we'll
want balance among the various sectors and types of
people talking.

Andy

---

hi Andy and Frank--

I notice that someone anonymous has edited the description of the debian
community outreach track here:

  http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf10/Tracks

I'm hoping it was one of you two ;)  I'm happy to see active work on the
track!

I have two concerns, though:

(a) it seems to refer to "the panel" as though that were the same thing
as the track.  There could very well be a panel which is proposed as
part of the track, but a track should have multiple events.

(b) i haven't yet seen a collection of other events for the track
(though i'm assuming Frank's proposal would also be in this track), so i
don't have a sense of how it's coming together.  If you have a chance,
take a look at Pablo Duboue's page for the Java track:

 http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf10/TrackJava

If we could start assembling something like this for the community
outreach track, that would be great.

Thanks for your work on this.  I think the focus of this track is
important, and i'm excited to try to highlight this sort of ongoing work
at debconf.

Regards,

	--dkg

Andy Oram  O'Reilly Media                     email: andyo@oreilly.com
Editor     10 Fawcett Street, Fourth Floor         voice: 617-499-7479
           Cambridge, MA 02138-1175, USA             fax: 617-661-1116
           identi.ca/twitter:praxagora http://www.praxagora.com/andyo/