Here are the notes from the global team meeting that was held at 21:00 UTC on January 20th on #debconf-team/irc.debian.org (OFTC). Next Meeting: WEDNESDAY, February 3, 21:00-22:00 UTC (two weeks after this meeting; less than a week after this mail). Minutes: http://meetbot.debian.net/debconf-team/2009/debconf-team.2010-01-20-21.00.html Logs: http://meetbot.debian.net/debconf-team/2009/debconf-team.2010-01-20-21.00.log.html Summary ======= dc9: final report status check * We had one text contributed since last meeting * DrDub will prod people to finish the sponsorship+fundraising sections of the dc9 report, and will read the old reports * Sledge and marga are down for fundraising and sponsorship team respectively, AbsintheSyringe willing to help too dc9: outstanding sponsors * most outstanding corporate sponsors are now at one of spi/ffis/debian-uk, a small number still pending. almost done :) dc11: status check of each of the three bids * Bosnia: we're 99% done, one thing that's left to do for our team is to go and "get the money" which we already have "ready". AbsyntheSyringe is consolidating the local teams. Expecting a signed money promise from the government. * Germany: Munich is now the sole German dc11 bid. Not much news, we're working on finishing the wiki page. Brainstorming about sponsors started. the Munich City Governmane would be co-organizing. Not yet clear if they will spend money. * Quito: Since we already advanced a lot of work last year, we're currently focusing in: (1) strenghtening local team and getting more local communities involved and (2) securing sponsorship from local sponsors. Last year we narrowed dates, prepared a budget draft, selected lodging and venues and answered most questions from the checklist and also of the DebConf Team. Hopefully we'll keep the budget more or less the same since the inflation was low (~5%) but we managed to find better deals in lodging and connectivity. Connectivity was the main concern of the Team last year, and this has greatly improved in the country. Even smaller universities outside Quito now can handle 5 or more E1 connections affordably. EPN is now our main venue option and lodging will still be in La Mariscal, so those are on walking distance. No bus if you don't want to know the city. dc11: decision meeting timing (http://doodle.com/evkkvre3rk2tmdsm) * dc11 decision meeting will be Saturday, February 27, 17:00-20:00 UTC dc10: Columbia housing arrangements * we have two buildings or parts of buildings. The housing contact is reserving 300 beds for us during conf week, 80 during camp dc10: corporate sponsorship team/brochure/etc * DrDub got dc.o e-mail, access to RT, braindump from previous sponsors teammates and contacts from Hydroxide * TODO: finalize sponsorpack (90% done with help from leslo and _hc) * target for mass mailing the sponsors is before next global meeting. e-mail templates need finalizing (70-80% done, with help from _bc and bgupta) * question: we have an offer from one linux publication but we claim we'll have a thank ad in a different one * DrDub needs replies to his mails to -team * schultmc can write an index page for http://media.debconf.org/reports/ dc10: visa progress * Good news from our lawyer on the debconf10-localteam list - we got a visa issued by the US embassy in Venezuela. Kudos to Frank. We're working on a second Venezuelan visa case - otherwise we won't have too many difficult countries, and (almost) all other countries should have enough time dc10: penta hackability progress * Penta is now quite hackable. There's a git repository (http://git.debconf.org/), a few of us have push access and relevant sudo access on the development instance. http://pentatest.debconf.org/penta is the penta instance http://pentatest.debconf.org/penta/user/new_account to create an account * Hydroxide has implemented many or all of the changes dam added to RT collected from past years of IRC/email. Things are a lot clearer. * Ganneff has agreed to deploy penta changes to production penta on skinner dc10: Registration proposal * bgupta is planning to have a draft registration announcement by monday * we can get registration open before the end of January * we'll do some sort of judgment call / scoring for food/lodging sponsorship, similar to past years. scoring/judgment details TBD between now and end of next global meeting Next Meeting: WEDNESDAY, February 3, 21:00-22:00 UTC (two weeks after this mesting; less than a week after this mail). Thanks for reading, see you at the next meeting.
Description: Digital signature