Re: [Debconf-team] Global team meeting notes, 2010.01.20

Hi,

thank you Damyan and also Jimmy for the summary and status updates!

On Donnerstag, 28. Januar 2010, Damyan Ivanov wrote:
> dc10: Columbia housing arrangements
>   * we have two buildings or parts of buildings. The housing contact
>     is reserving 300 beds for us during conf week, 80 during camp

what's the plan if more people show up? I guess there is one :-)

> dc10: penta hackability progress
[cool details ommitted]

great!

does this codebase include the video changes from dc9?

On Donnerstag, 28. Januar 2010, Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote:
> DEBCONF10
> Regarding talk selection, a call for papers announcement may go out
> together with the registration announcement, but Richard Darst has made an
> interesting suggestion regarding session chairs for creating cohesive
> topic-based blocks of talks during the conference. This was sent to the
> mailing list and resulted in some on-list discussion; it will also be
> discussed at the next meeting.

I dont understand how the session chairs idea blocks sending out the call for
papers, maybe you made it just sound like it does? As I see it, session
chairs can only be selected after talks have been submitted, and whether we
do session chairs (I think we should) shouldnt affect talk submission at all.

cheers,
	Holger