Re: [Debconf-team] Talk selection: session chairs

Hi,

On Mittwoch, 20. Januar 2010, Ana Guerrero wrote:
> I want to highlight that a huge part of the schedule is the unofficial
> track that is pretty much scheduled between the last 2 weeks before debconf
> and a few hours before the event during the conference. Even if it is a bit
> crazy for scheduling, I think it is one of the good points of debconf.

I don't.

IMO we should close the schedule one or two weeks before the conf starts for
real.

Lightning talks could be an option for last minute ideas. Quite frankly, I
dont see much value adding last minute stuff not well thought about,
considering the disadvantages this last minute scheduling has. And I'm not
only thinking "video" here. And as last minute stuff might have a little
value, it fits nicely into lighting talks IMO.

cheers,
	Holger