Re: [Debconf-team] Budget and registration updates

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 8:39 PM, Jimmy Kaplowitz<jimmy@debian.org> wrote:

> On that note, having people pay for the daytrip has worked well in the past,
> but at the same time we don't want people to be excluded from the daytrip if
> it's legitimately hard for them to afford.

Both in DC7 and DC8, a part of the DayTrip _was_ sponsored.  In DC8 it
was half the cost.  In DC7 it was the corresponding amount of the food
tickets (I don't know how much that represented).

I _think_ it's better to do that (sponsor a certain amount to
everybody) and then ask people to ask for help in case they can't pay.

--
Besos,
Marga