Re: [Debconf-team] Limits for scheduling

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 02:44:40PM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Great. could you please publish a dump for the google-impaired? Thanks a lot.

There is nothing really to publish for now.  We might do this
or those have to wait until we move to Penta.  It depends how
much we need to relay on feedback.  (Not that I would not follow
your wish, but I have no good idea how such a dump could be done
without less effort.  I have no idea what effect might have
"define as public" - whether this means public for everybody
or only for people with Google login.  If you want to become
*actively* involved into pre-Penta working on the schedule
it might make sense to register a "Joey DebConf Scheduler" user
at Google.

> > We need some fixed dates from the local team as soon as
> > possible:
>
> the following times are what Anto and me have just discussed. I suggest these
> times are confirmed in the localteam meeting tonight.
>
> >     1. Time of first lecture of a day
>
> at 10 AM
>
> >     2. Lunch break (time and duration)
>
> 13:30 til 15:30 lunch

What about starting 9:30 to have 4 hours for the slot in the
morning?

> 15:30 til 18:00 break, no joke.

Fully ACK

> >     3. Dinner break (time and duration)
>
> from 21:00 til 23:00

OK.

> >     4. Time we have to leave the venue
>
> we dont. 31st of july :-D

Great!

> So talks shall be scheduled from 10-14

So the idea is that people who not attend the talk from 13:00 to 14:00
just start eating?  Hmmm ...
I do not want to discuss this but want to make sure that this is really
intended.

> and 18-21 only. (And I believe Anto here.)

Me too.  I'm just asking to get this kind of "expert" knowledge
from the locals.

> I wouldnt mind powerpoint karaoke or debian jeopardy or such events
> scheduled at 21:00 though :-)

I'm considering a "Fun talk of the day" after dinner.

> > Moreover:
> >     - How many rooms should we schedule
>
> 2 talk rooms and one bof room. but the 2nd talk room is definitly suitable for
> bofs. maybe we will choose to have 2 bof rooms, but I dont think thats
> useful, it rather adds hassle for little win, IMO.

OK.  I have prepared two other calendars so we have three "rooms".
Vanessa has granted full access.  to all three - just tell me if
anybody else wants as well.

> >     - Is there a daytrip and if yes at which day.
>
> yes, see http://debconf9.debconf.org/dates.xhtml (27th of june)

I rather wanted a confirmation (and I take this as one) because I
remember that there was something unclear about this.

> >     - Is there a formal dinner and if yes which day / time
>
> yes, see http://debconf9.debconf.org/dates.xhtml (28th of june)

I take it as confirmed now.

> >     - At which day maximum number of participeants are presend
> >       (to schedule group photo)
>
> please submit and schedule the event in penta, then we can answer that
> question later ;-)

Fine.  I think "somewhere in the middle of DebConf in the middle
of the day makes sense".

> See above, I believe this matches with Anas schedule, considering this is not
> work and only few people will get up at 7am. 6.5h for talk slots also seems
> fine to me.

As I said - I'd prefer full hour slots - and yes 7h for talks are enough.

Thanks for the clarifications

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de