Re: [Debconf-team] DC10 date options

Hi Gunnar,

Thanks for your thoughts! Responding only to a couple excerpts out of order:

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 01:48:15PM -0500, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> >       - one of the lodgings has air conditioning, though others don't
>
> Is it really _that_ bad? I mean, I know we would have hated it in
> Cáceres if we didn't have A/C all over, but I don't expect NY to be as
> extreme as Extremadura.
>
> >       - it's more relevant that some lodging lacks air conditioning, though
> >         fans plus open windows will likely be an effective substitute
> > (…)
>
> I hope this not to be too much of a killer issue.

Indeed it won't; as I said in a follow-up, apparently the conference housing
people will be providing window A/C units for those lodgings that don't have
it. And regardless, yes, NY temperatures will be much milder than Extremadura.

> > Cons: - The weather may be a bit hotter and more humid
>
> How discrete are your bits? If it is 2°C higher avg. as I understood,
> no big deal

Yes, that's correct, though NYC weather varies a lot more than many parts of
the world - we can have hot periods right before or after cold periods. The
humidity is really the subjectively bigger change. It feels different enough
for me to have mentioned weather as a factor, but personally I don't think my
preference for the June weather outweighs all the other advantages I see in the
July/August dates.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@debian.org