Re: [Debconf-team] DC10 housing and timing options/info

Quoting Jimmy Kaplowitz (jimmy@debian.org):

> part of DebCamp/Conf if we do the second half of June, and the first half of
> June involves exams at too many universities. So July makes slightly more
> sense, except for your vacation plans of course, as previously discussed.

You probably had that discussion already, but I'd like to add that my
feeling after several Debconfs is that those that happen during
July/August are a bit more likely to fit the majority's
schedule. TTBOMK (which is mostly european-centric) June
is exams month in many university places, even slipping on early July.

June is also a busy month in business because, being the last moment
before a summer break where ppl are more likely to be on holidays,
there is a kind of rush for pushing important things during that
month. So, it means it could be harder for several ppl to free out 1/2
weeks in June than in July.

Again, this is very certainly a quite europen-centric and "northern
hemisphere" point of view. And I'm probably even also influenced by
the French culture of having a bunch of holidays and July/August being
empty months.

Still, my general feeling is that Debconfs that happened in July (DC3,
DC5, DC7, DC9) and even August (DC8) were easier to cope with than
those that happened in May (DC4, DC6). DC 0-2 were too short to be a
good point of comparison. On the other hand, we have no
experience with Debconfs happening in June.

Also, I think that one target for DC10 is giving the opportunity to
more contributors from North America to attend and it's certainly good
top choose a well-suited date (in short, if June makes it easier for
US/Canada folks, that gets a point).