Re: [Debconf-team] Schedule proposal for Open Day

2009/6/25 Ana Guerrero <ana@debian.org>:

> (Gunnar, Andreas, forward this to Tassia, I do not know her email)

Tassia is out for personal reasons and will not even attend DebConf.

> Regular debconf attendees can use the morning after the welcome talk to greet each
> other and start hacking plans ;) We have plenty of people who are arriving in the
> night from Thursday to Friday.

Sounds reasonable.

> ENGLISH:
>  Those English talks we have targeted for the OD can go here, but I suggest
>  schedule this as a normal debconf day.

I do not understand the last remark:  Do you mean we should technically use
Penta for scheduling as we do for any other day?  If this is the case: Yes, this
was decided an makes perfectly sense.

If you mean we move the other talks tagged DebDay to other conference days:
I con only speak for my talk (373) and this would not fit in DebConf and I would
withdraw it in this case.

> What do you think? Specially the talk committee, if you like this I can help
> you with this in the next days until this Sunday ( I will be on offline VAC from
> Monday)

We definitely need help and as I said I'm out if it comes to Spanish language
talks.  I will not schedule anything where I can not understand the abstract
(and no, I also refuse any automatic translation services).  Roling some dice
would result in a similar reasonable schedule as I might be able to create.

So if you would take over this job it would be very helpful.

BTW, any help for the schedule is more than welcome.  I have only one 10
days left before I will be offline for vacation - well not really
offline from 6.-10.
July because I'll be at LSM in Nantes.  But we are in big need of *active*
schedulers and currently I'm the only person who is working on this task.
Experience from last year shows that some ad hoc scheduling will be needed
at DebCamp but I'll be *really* offline in the first days of DebCamp.  This
might turn out to be a problem.

Kind regards

        Andreas.
--