Re: [Debconf-team] Schedule proposal for Open Day

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 09:43:44PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> 2009/6/25 Ana Guerrero <ana@debian.org>:
>
> > ENGLISH:
> >  Those English talks we have targeted for the OD can go here, but I suggest
> >  schedule this as a normal debconf day.
>
> I do not understand the last remark:  Do you mean we should technically use
> Penta for scheduling as we do for any other day?  If this is the case: Yes, this
> was decided an makes perfectly sense.

Yes, use penta and schedule as another DebConf day, just with 3 constrains:
- It is only half of the day
- You can not use the bug aditorium that will be for the OpenDay.
- Some DebianDay attendees might go to those talks (and they are welcome to!)

> If you mean we move the other talks tagged DebDay to other conference days:
> I con only speak for my talk (373) and this would not fit in DebConf and I would
> withdraw it in this case.

You can schedule it in the english track, but it would not be official OD, it
would be DebConf track but the same day than the OD. As you want.

> > What do you think? Specially the talk committee, if you like this I can help
> > you with this in the next days until this Sunday ( I will be on offline VAC from
> > Monday)
>
> We definitely need help and as I said I'm out if it comes to Spanish language
> talks.  I will not schedule anything where I can not understand the abstract
> (and no, I also refuse any automatic translation services).  Roling some dice
> would result in a similar reasonable schedule as I might be able to create.
>
> So if you would take over this job it would be very helpful.
>

> BTW, any help for the schedule is more than welcome.  I have only one 10
> days left before I will be offline for vacation - well not really
> offline from 6.-10.

So if Gunnar agrees, I will totally take over the OpenDay. In any case, I will help
with this and with what still needs to be done for the schedule. I was busy
with the travel sponsorship allocation, but we already finished with this.
I can help from today to Sunday, but I will be offline from 29Jun - 15 July.
My plan is at least having the OD by sunday and advertise it with a tentative
schedule.

> July because I'll be at LSM in Nantes.  But we are in big need of *active*
> schedulers and currently I'm the only person who is working on this task.
> Experience from last year shows that some ad hoc scheduling will be needed
> at DebCamp but I'll be *really* offline in the first days of DebCamp.  This
> might turn out to be a problem.

I was planning to head to Cáceres on the 21th in the afternoon from Sevilla.
If needed, I can go 17 and 18 of July to Cáceres, but I have important plans
19-20.

Ana