[Debconf-team] Schedule proposal for Open Day

(Gunnar, Andreas, forward this to Tassia, I do not know her email)

Hi,

This is a follow-up email of the email I sent a few hours ago, but this time
adding my personal opinion.

I think people coming to the Open Day (OD) want to learn more about how Debian
works, even people with a technical profile (that would be interesting attract
as contributors). But I also think this day is for users too.
Most of the technical people who will attend will be able to understand some
English, specially written, but I do not expect them being able to follow a
full talk in English.

I strongly believe we should offer a full schedule in Spanish and specially
oriented towards users.

Anto mailed we have to schedule several talks for the OD from sponsors:
 Junta de Extremadura
 Cenatic
 Telefónica
 HP
and he suggested reserved all the morning the big auditorium. I mostly agree,
but some comments follow.

 Junta de Extremadura: I expect this to be some kind of "welcome talk" in Spanish
 with maybe politicians. In this case, it is not polite schedule something
 else at the same time.

 CENATIC: I have not idea what they are planning to do. But I expect this being
 in Spanish.

 Telefonica: my bet is they will talk about the morfeo project
 (http://morfeo-project.org/). This might be in Spanish or English. In case it
 is in Spanish, my recommendation is schedule together with the two above talks
 in the morning of the OD.

 HP: I think this talk will be in English, if speaker from HP wants to, it can be
 schedule during DebConf. I do not know what public they target.

I think some of those have been already filed in penta or they are planning to,
but if they are not yet filed, count with them for the scheduling anyway.

So, proposal follows:

# MORNING
No parallel sessions, just one track in Spanish.

- Junta talk (1h)
- Cenatic talk  (1h)
- Telefonica (1h)
- Spanish keynote about Debian (I would suggest invite Miriam Ruiz to do this,
  she is an awesome speaker) (30-45 min)

Regular debconf attendees can use the morning after the welcome talk to greet each
other and start hacking plans ;) We have plenty of people who are arriving in the
night from Thursday to Friday.

# AFTER LUNCH
2 parallel sessions: one track in Spanish and one track English.
Most of the people coming for OD will go to the Spanish talks, but maybe a
minority will be interested in going to the English ones, that also will be for
general debconf attendees.

SPANISH:
- One talk "How Debian Works" (45 min + questions). I would invite Adeodato Simó
  for this, he knows why :D
- 3-4 small talks of 15 min of "why i contribute to Debian", or "why debian is
  my OS", etc. Any contributor who speaks some Spanish is invited to join (Hi
  Enrico, vorlon, Luciano, Micah?, bureado, gunnar, .... tú)
- "Understanding Debian" talk in penta by Héctor Colina. His abstract talks about
  explaining first steps to users.
- Invite to Linex developers to talk about their expediencies.

ENGLISH:
 Those English talks we have targeted for the OD can go here, but I suggest
 schedule this as a normal debconf day.
 ¿Include here the HP talk?

DISCLAIMER: none of the mentioned person above has volunteered to give a talk...
yet :)

What do you think? Specially the talk committee, if you like this I can help
you with this in the next days until this Sunday ( I will be on offline VAC from
Monday)

Ana