Re: [Debconf-team] DC9 Reconfirmation Issue

Hi Rafael,

(I'm sorry this took so long to answer, but it only made it to the
list today.  The mailing list is slow sometimes, unfortunately.)

On Fri, Jun 05, 2009 at 09:09:28AM -0600, Rafael Rivas wrote:
> Hi, i'm having an issue with my reconfirmation for DC9, and i need help.
>
> I'm traveling in a flight conection to atlanta, but i have to ask for US
> visa, but my appointment is scheduled in two weeks.
>
> How can i reconfirm  or cance later, just in the case that my aplication of
> visa be approved or rejected?

This is indeed a tricky situation.

If you don't reconfirm, you can lose sponsorship.

If you do reconfirm and can't go, then it might count negatively for
sponsorship next year, but explaining the situation will probably help
at least a little bit.

It sounds like reconfirming is the best bet, since losing accommodation
and food sponsorship would be bad.  I hope this is still helpful with
the late reply.  If something is incorrect here, hopefully someone
else will reply again.

Thanks for letting us know,

- Richard