Re: [Debconf-team] Open Day talks

Quoting Bdale Garbee (bdale@gag.com):

> I personally think DebianDay is a great time for the program to be
> single-tracked, avoiding parallel sessions.  It would be good if at
> least some of the talks are in whatever the native language is, but
> talks of high quality from competent speakers may be more important for
> leaving a positive impression with local people new to Debian than
> native language?  I honestly don't know.

We'll probably end up with a mix. What I would really strongly insist
on is for people who would give their talks in English and are native
speakers to make a great effort to be as intelligible as possible
(speak sloooooowly, avoid idiotisms and the like, simplify the
language down to airport English). ANother great help
for the audience would be having slides in Spanish even though you
give your talk in English (I did that once with the help of Niv Sardi
who I shared the talk with and who translated all our slides to
Spanish....we got a very positive feedback after the talk).

Such way to do things is interesting because your audience who is
*not* fluent in Spanish will have to really pay attention in order to
follow what you're saying, instead of reading your slides and go bak
to IRC chat...and those who are less fluent in en_FOO will have
something to hang on when getting lost..:)