Re: [Debconf-team] Minutes from yesterday's meeting

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 09:25:32AM -0300, Margarita Manterola wrote:
> * Venue
> + Anto has been analizing the proposal of having the whole DebConf at
> the Muñoz Torrero residency.  There seems to be enough space for that
> (one conference room for 250, another room for 200 people can also be
> arranged, and there are several rooms that could serve as the
> different hacklabs).
> + The main problem would be having so much people in a place that is
> not prepared to do that in July, i.e. the heat.  However, with the
> money saved from not having to rent the other venue nor the buses, it
> would be possible to rent air conditioners, so that the rooms where
> there are many people can be cooled down. Anto has been asking some
> sponsors to sponsor this, and water coolers.

If we do the conference in the fancy venue, people will have to get the bus
twice at day. This means big changes of temperature from a nice place inside
with air to the hell outside. Specially at the lunch time this means queuing
outside at the time when it is more hot.
No need to say those quick changes of temperature are usually awful for
people's health.

About the "portable" air, we will have to include them in our needed power
supply, they do consume a lot. And they might need some extra maintainance
if we are planning to use them for almost 2 weeks.

Ana