[Debconf-team] Travel sponsorship

Hi!

I registered for DebConf before the early registration deadline.
Just recently I saw that you won't receive any travel sponsorship
if you hadn't already estimated your cost.

I have not estimated my cost because I seldom travel to Spain
from Sweden. I also have plans to travel a bit through Europe
before DebConf. I don't know how much the cost would be. (I could
have just winged a humongous number and reduced it later, but
that seemed stupid.)

Since travel sponsorships are payed after DebConf (when people
have shown their real cost and ticket/receipt) why is it necessary
to estimate this figure beforehand?

Best regards,
Per

PS. I am really looking forward to DebConf, this will be my first
(of many to come)!!