Re: [Debconf-team] Accessibility checklist wikipage

Hello Tiago,

> I've just finished a first draft of a checklist itended to help the orga team
> with accessibility issues for this and future DCs.
>
> http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf9/AccessibilityChecklist

Wow, when I first saw the checklist I was impresed, it is very cool
and I really believe it can help much on generalizing things, like
Debian being Universal... Cool !

> Could Hector Oron and other people from local team please start filling it,
> giving suggestions, fixing things etc? Some tech review from Otavio would be
> great too. Actually any help is very welcome once my english is not good enough
> to format a document like that by myself.
>
> Also, people in charge of accessibility in DC9, please help me migrating the
> already existing content from Accessibility to AccessibilityChecklist wikipage.

I am sorry I can not help much filling the checklist, as there are
many buildings, hostels, restaurants and lots of things and I have not
even seen.

I have just phoned to the places Otavio could go and find some info
specific to his needs, in the phone they were not able to tell me the
exact sizes of doors and handles, but they told me that venue building
is accessible to all floors and conference rooms. Also at Residence
Munoz Torrero (150m from venue) they only have one room, probably for
Otavio. Info is summarized at Accessibility wiki page.

I can get in sync with Otavio, but if more handicaped people is
coming, should tell to debconf team.

Best Regards

--
 Héctor Orón