[Debconf-team] Organizational Meeting Minutes, April 20th

Hello everyone,

We had an organizational meeting today.  Our goal was to establish who
is in charge of each item, so that we can know who to poke, and who to
ask when people have questions. Also, there's a feeling that "someone
else will do it", and for many things, there's nobody else doing
it. So, we wanted to agree on who does what.

These minutes includes the designated people among those that were
present, or those that had already spoken up on the list.  If you are
not on the list and you'd like to help out, please join one or more of
the teams.

A listing of teams can be found here:

  http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf9/Teams

This list will be the master copy of "who does what".  Please check
this list, I compiled all I had but it is very likely to need some
corrections which we've just unfortunately lost.  If you know of
anyone who could help with a team (especially locally), let us know.
Teams can continue to change as needed.

We have a ToDo list for the teams at

  http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf9/ToDo

Teams should check it out and modify as necessary, and try to prepare
for the next global team meeting in one week-- research your areas.

The meetbot minutes (as well as the whiteboard minutes at the end)
have lots more details about how we want to manage teams and
volunteers.

Meetbot minutes: http://meetbot.debian.net/meetbot/debconf-team.20090420_2000.html
Meetbot logs: http://meetbot.debian.net/meetbot/debconf-team.log.20090420_2000.html

Thanks to everyone,

- Marga and Richard

=========

DC9 ORGANIZATIONAL MEETING
(see http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf9/Meetings)

- Global Coordination and admin
  - Marga, MrBeige and Moray will be doing general coordination
  - Ganneff, sgran, holger and mhy (in a lesser degree) will be doing
    admin work.

- Local Coordination (and volunteer coordination)
  - cek/anto are primary local contacts, of course
  - Other local people will be added to the -localteam mailing list and
    pending stuff coordinated with them in Spanish.
  - It would be good to have more local people on IRC. If anybody needs
    help with this access, the admin team can provide irc proxys.

- Finances
  - Budgeting work is done by Hydroxide schultmc and MrBeige
  - Transactional work (contact with SPI and FFIS) is done by h01ger,
    Ganneff and Sledge.

- Venue
  - Carmen, Paco and Jesus (working from the Junta) take care of
    setting up the venue.  Marga will follow up pending issues with
    them on the -localteam mailing list.

- Accommodation
  - Anto and César are working here.

- Network
  - anto is the ISP contact, but needs help regarding requirements.
  - We'll talk with Junta people (on localteam list) about network
    wiring, and form the infrastructure team once we know more
  - Ganneff mhy sgran are the ones who usually manage network services

- visa stuff
  - anto is the visa contact person

- Talk selection
  - Ganneff will assemble the team this week.

- talk scheduling: Daniel S, Andreas T,  Tássia Camões

- sponsorship solicitation
  - Sledge, Holger, Hydroxide, Anto (for Spanish sponsors), would be
    good to have more, specially from Spain, maybe try to look for them
    among Spanish Debian people.

- sponsorship allocation:
  - Ganneff and marga will assemble the team and try to work out a
    better way of doing it for this year.
  - Ana, Gunnar and Sledge have already contributed to the discussion.

-  Video:
  - h01ger, help welcome!

- Accessibility:
  - hector oron and tiago offered to work on this. need prodding

- Website details
  - Tincho is the webmaster.
  - Moray will try to gather some content.
  - We need content providers, maybe try to look for them among
Spanish Debian people.

- Mailing List Replies details
  - Some questions have gone unanswered.
  - Each team should be responsible for replying to stuff related to
    their area. Prodders work on poking them if things are going
    unanswered, or getting someone else to answer.
  - Questions that might be of interest to other people should be
    gathered in a FAQ.  We need someone in charge of this.

People Present:

   1. MrBeige
   2. cek
   3. Hydroxide