[Debconf-team] DC9 Global Team Meeting Minutes

Hello everyone,

Today from 1901 to 2001 UTC we had a global team meeting.  We mainly
went over our current status, no groundbreaking new information.  I
(MrBeige) chaired.  Unfortunately, we had no local team
representatives.  However, we have a meeting proposed for 9 April
2009, 11 or 12 UTC, which the localteam should be able to attend.
We'll follow up on local status then.

The most pressing topic is the DC8 final report.  We hope to have this
by this weekend -- just a few more pieces to get, if we don't get them
by then we'll leave them out.  We *need* this report to attract
sponsors.

- Richard

Meetbot minutes: http://meetbot.debian.net/meetbot/debconf-team.20090407_1901.html
Meetbot log: http://meetbot.debian.net/meetbot/debconf-team.log.20090407_1901.html

===

Minutes from the whiteboard:

* Budget status
  - No news on expenses or what the Junta will be sponsoring.
  - What is the status on bandwidth sponsoring? (move to localteam
    meeting)
  - Add questions for the localteam to the agenda for april 9th at
    http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf9/Meetings
    - Use the agenda from today as a starting point for that meeting
* Sponsorship team status.
  - A few sponsors already signed up
  - ACTION: Contact your sponsors if you know any.
  - Biggest unknown is the Junta's sponsorship numbers.
  - It is going well, all things considered.
  - Budget team and sponsorship team coordinate to balance the
    numbers.
* DebConf8 final report status
  - ACTION: We NEED the report to help attract sponsors
  - Missing sections: Intro (to be done by Marga), Talks (almost ready
    by Maxy), Net Infrastructure, Net Services
  - We all get the last few articles, if we can
  - We ignore sections that we can't produce by this weekend.
  - Marga compiles this weekend and coordinates physically posting to
    previous sponsors, will need physical addresses from Sledge.
* Local legal entity
  - ffis e.V. agreed to be local legal body if needed, it is the legal
    entity in Germany.
  - Question: What advantages are there of a Spanish legal entity?
* Registration/CFP status
  - 225 registrants, 26 proposals.
  - Ping talk team to look at the proposals
  - We won't extend the deadline formally, but we might personally
    invite some past speakers to propose a talk.
* Visa letters status
  - Anto is managing that
  - Holger works on announcement email
  - We want a hard deadline to apply for the invitation letter, since
    the Junta minister can't keep coming back to it.
* Local team updates if possible
  - No local team present.  Maybe on-list?
  - We're burning out the -team people due to lack of locals
  - Meeting proposed for 9 April 2009, 11 or 12 UTC, which the
    localteam should be able to attend.

===

People Present:

   1. h01ger