Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf10 decision process?

On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 02:05:03PM +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
> > I am under the impression that the call for proposals closed at the end of
> > 2009, meaning that Margarita Island, Venezuela; New York City, USA; and
> > Boston, USA are the bids. Correct me if I am wrong or left any out.
>
> AFAICS this is correct, please speak up now if you do think this is correct.

s/do think/don't think/ ?

> For example, I think it would be good to have a meeting on, say, January the
> 26th, where the DebConf10 bidding cities propose their bid and explain the
> status, so that we can see whether we really have three complete bids. At the
> beginning of that meeting I'd like to see some DebConf9 topics on the agenda,
> probably with a time limit of 30min.
>
> That way we could limit the number of DebConf meetings a bit.
>
> Assuming that we come up with questions after hearing about the stati I would
> suggest to plan another meeting with more status updates in February, again
> combined with a DebConf9 meeting.
>
> And then in March we'll have a decicision meeting for DebConf10 without any
> DebConf9 topics on the agenda.
>
> If you think this is sensible we should come up with concrete dates and
> document then in http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf9/Meetings and on
> debconf-announce and debian-devel-announce.

OK. Now that representatives of all 3 bids have expressed agreement with this
timeline, let's go ahead and schedule these meetings. How about January 25th
(Sunday) at 2100 UTC, followed by February 16th (US-holiday Monday) at 2100
UTC, followed by March 1st (Sunday) at 2100 UTC? This avoids conflicting with
the US/Venezuelan workday as much as possible, while still being at a
reasonable time of day for Europeans. For February I would suggest the 14th or
15th, except there's a chance I won't be free those days, hence my suggestion
of the 16th.

Once Ari and Hector and one or two European DebConf people have confirmed, then
an announcement can go out and the wiki page can be updated.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@debian.org