Re: [Debconf-team] RFC: finalising the DebConf9 schedule, deadline 14 Nov

Margarita Manterola dijo [Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 09:50:28AM -0200]:
> On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 7:33 AM, martin f krafft <madduck@debconf.org> wrote:
> > July 2009:
> >
> >  If you have a problem with the above schedule, SPEAK UP BEFORE
> > FRIDAY 14 NOV, or remain forever silent.
>
> I guess it's ok, but I suggest calling "DebDay" something else.
> Something like "Open DebConf Day", so that DebConf is not
> "interrupted", it's just that those talks are open to everybody.
>
> So, my suggested schedule:
>
> 16    Setup day
> 17-22 DebCamp
> 23    DebConf starts
> 25    Open DebConf Day
> 26    Day Trip
> 30    DebConf ends
> 31    Clean up day.

Well, but it _is_ interrupted - because the kind of talks, the focus
of the talks we will have on that day are completely different. I
would even think about (although I doubt it would be very popular, for
many obvious reasons ;-) ) having DebDay and Daytrip on the same day -
as many people won't be able to hack as easily being watched by the
curious crowd, we will have a large amount of people coming in, the
auditoriums will probably be full (and with things that could be
ah-interesting for many DebConf attendees, but not the main focus)...

Again: I understand the motivation for having it on a Saturday, but it
_does_ break the natural flow of DebConf. Maybe hosting DebianDay at a
nearby auditorium instead, and having parallel activities for that
day, would be possible?

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23