Re: [Debconf-team] Debconf9 dates

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 9:44 AM, martin f krafft <madduck@debconf.org> wrote:
> César, team,

Hi there.

> We will have the venue for Debconf9 from 16-31 July. This is a bit
> weird since it's off the weekends, but so be it.

Yes, this is the only possibility since the Residence (Venue for
DebCamp) will be busy until 15th July.

> I am assuming we cannot enter the venue to set up before 16 July,
> and we have to be out by the end of 31 July. Can you please confirm
> this, César?

We can enter both venues before 16th to set up things, etc., there is
no problem, but we cannot use first venue (Residence) for sleeping.

> When should we do DebDay? If we do it between DebCamp (16-22 July)
> and DebConf (24-30), then it is on a Thursday. Is that wise? How far
> is Extremadura from bigger cities? Will people be able to take time
> off work to show up? Should we possibly run DebDay in the middle of
> DebConf on Saturday, 25 July? Teardown will be 31 July. Setup will
> coincide with DebCamp, just like Edinburgh, more or less.

In July most of the people are on vacations, but DebDay on Saturday
may be wiser than on Thursday for non-enterprise people but maybe not
for companies. This is up to you ;))

Caceres is 300km away from Madrid, Lisbon and Seville.

If you have further questions don't hesitate to ask ;))

Best regards,
César.