[Debconf-team] DebDay during DebConf (was: Debconf9 dates)

also sprach César Gómez Martín <cesar.gomez@gmail.com> [2008.11.06.1113 +0100]:
> > When should we do DebDay? If we do it between DebCamp (16-22
> > July) and DebConf (24-30), then it is on a Thursday. Is that
> > wise? How far is Extremadura from bigger cities? Will people be
> > able to take time off work to show up? Should we possibly run
> > DebDay in the middle of DebConf on Saturday, 25 July? Teardown
> > will be 31 July. Setup will coincide with DebCamp, just like
> > Edinburgh, more or less.
>
> In July most of the people are on vacations, but DebDay on
> Saturday may be wiser than on Thursday for non-enterprise people
> but maybe not for companies. This is up to you ;))

I think it would be beneficial to move DebDay from 23 July (between
camp and conf) to 25 July, and start DebConf already on 23. It would
make the place a lot more busy, which is a good thing IMHO.

Then, the schedule would be:

  16-22 DebCamp, including setup
  23-24 First two days of DebConf
  25    DebCamp
  26    day trip
  27-30 Last four days of DebConf
  31    Cleanup

Given this schedule, I would write the press release to announce
DebConf to go 23-30 July, with DebCamp on 25 July.

Thoughts?

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@debconf.org>
: :'  :  DebConf orga team; press officer

security at micro$oft: how do we secure a billion dollar profit?