Re: [Debconf-team] Some thought: Pentabarf

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 06:43:46PM +0100, Stephen Gran wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 04:32:24PM +0100, martin f krafft said:
> > Maybe some of you want to look at the linux.conf.au registration,
> > which I find very easy and pleasing. Maybe we could use that system?
> I don't see any way to tell their conference registration system the
> dates for which I'll be attending and expecting free food and
> accomodation that the orga team will find for me?  I also don't see a
> way to tell it that I am asking for $xxxx travel sponsorship?  What size
> free T-shirt I expect?
>
> Maybe all of these things should go away, and we should go to a more LCA
> like model for Debconf, but that's a different argument - we have the
> conference we have now, so it would be nice if the management system
> worked with it.

As I understand it, zookeeper is something LCA came up with for
themselves to meet their own needs. It's a very different conference
with very different goals and I would be surprised if their management
system could be made to fit debconf well with out much pain. I'm sure
zookeeper also has it share of warts and incoveniences that drive the
LCA orga team batty.

-Eric Rz.

believed to be clean.