Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf10 - call for Location proposals

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 12:36:13PM -0500, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> Eric Dantan Rzewnicki dijo [Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 09:59:21AM -0500]:
> > On this last point, I'm pretty sure I'm the only US video-team member.
> > That said, since I live outside DC, NYC is much closer for me than any
> > previous debconf locations. So, should NYC be selected I'll be glad to
> > coordinate with the local team on arrangements for the needs of the
> > video team.
>
> Eric, now that you mention this point... Both the USA and Venezuela
> (unless I'm mistaken about Venezuela) use the NTSC video standard. The
> equipment the video team has is PAL, and I guess that renting PAL
> equipment for any needs we might have on-site can be problematic (or
> even impossible). I know that for simple setups (i.e. BoF rooms) this
> should be no issue - but for our more complicated setups, what do you
> suggest?

So far the video team has no cameras of it's own (other than those
belonging to individual team members). The Twinpacts can do either ntsc
or pal, it's just a dip switch setting. So, I guess my suggestion is,
wherever the conference is held, cameras are borrowed or rented locally
to match the local standard.

In any case, it seems to me that a debconf in the US is highly unlikely
to gain traction.

-Eric Rz.

believed to be clean.