Re: [Debconf-team] Some thoughts: sponsor categories

Hi,

On Tuesday 19 August 2008 16:40, Margarita Manterola wrote:
> The first thing I notice is that we got no gold sponsors.

Could you please repeat what the categories and the requiered amount of money
was?

[Gold]
> Also, I think that
> making it 10k USD instead of 15k USD might have got more prospective
> sponsors attracted to this category.

And further below you even go down more:

> + Bronce: less than 1k EUR: logo on the website and in proceedings /
> magazine (if it's done)
> + Silver: from 1k EUR to 5k EUR: logo on the t-shirt
> + Gold: from 5k EUR to 20k EUR: bigger logo on the t-shirt, logo on
> the banners + video recordings / transmissions
> + Platinum: 20k EUR or more: bigger logo on everything + keynote
> during the conference.

First, we need to define a minimum amount for bronce. I dont think you want to
imply that someone sponsoring 5 euros is a bronce sponsor.

I suggest the following categories:

  500- 1000  sponsor     500e span
 1000- 2500  bronce     1500e span
 2500- 7500  silver     5000e span
 7500-20000  gold      15000e span
      20000+ platinium

I'm still pondering whether this is too little (!) for silver and above.
Basicially we don't give much initiative to sponsor more than 20001 Euros...

So another scheme would be: 500-2000, 2000-5000, 5000-10000, 10000-25000,
25000+ - I think I like this one better.

Also, we should probably analyse this years sponsored amount. Did we have a
lot of sponsors who barely reached their category (which would indicate that
sponsors look for this) or are the amounts more distributed (which would
indicate that companies have a fixed amount they can sponsor). (But when
analysing this we have to keep in mind, that the sample is small and this was
a first time..)

And we should also define, which sponsors categories get included in the
sponsor loop, switched/PiPed into the stream. This year this was done quite
arbituary and ad-hoc. I would suggest only silver and above.

regards,
	Holger