[Debconf-team] Some thoughts: sponsor categories

Hi!

We introduced sponsor categories this year, and we need to analyze how
this affected the amount of money received, and what we should change
for next year.

The first thing I notice is that we got no gold sponsors.  Linux
Magazine got placed in that category, but it was arbitrary (they
didn't give us money, just the thank you page).  The special thing for
gold sponsors was having a stand during DebianDay, and this didn't
attract anybody.  So, we need to rethink what we give to gold
sponsors, or remove one category altogether.  Also, I think that
making it 10k USD instead of 15k USD might have got more prospective
sponsors attracted to this category.

However, given that next year is going to be in Spain, I think that
the amounts for next year should be in Euros.  So, these are the
categories I propose:

+ Bronce: less than 1k EUR: logo on the website and in proceedings /
magazine (if it's done)
+ Silver: from 1k EUR to 5k EUR: logo on the t-shirt
+ Gold: from 5k EUR to 20k EUR: bigger logo on the t-shirt, logo on
the banners + video recordings / transmissions
+ Platinum: 20k EUR or more: bigger logo on everything + keynote
during the conference.

And then, if there's going to be a DebianDay, and if there are going
to be stands in DebianDay, I suggest that the "cost" of the stand is
completely separated from the category, and it's the normal cost of a
stand in local one day conferences.

--
Besos,
Marga