[Debconf-team] Minutes from yesterday's meeting

Hi! These are the minutes from yesterday's meeting.

***

Finances: we're looking OK-ish.  The money from SPI is coming in, at
GBP 6K every few days. Some sponsors still need to be prodded in order
to get some extra money.

Regarding accomodation, there's a problem with the BB booking, but
since neither Jon nor psn were present, this is to be treated on-list.
Ana already mailed about it.

T-shirts are being done in Mexico. Will be bought this week, and will
start with the front side, so that more sponsors can get in, as late
as possible. The money for the T-shirts will come from the Mexican
sponsor, so that we save on useless money transfers.

T-shirts will be: for everybody, a grey shirt with colored (red or
blue) rings in neck+arms. for organizers, plain pale blue (as per
valessio's original design, with no extra rings) with the word
"organizer" on the back. And for volunteers, some other color, maybe
dark blue. The logo will be printed in red+black or red+white
depending on light/dark T-shirt.

Everyone gets one normal T-shirt. We'll be doing 20 orga T-shirts, and
30 volunteer ones.  Gunnar already sent extra details about this to
the list.

Regarding DebianDay, it's been publicized a bit, and 52 have
registered. It needs some more publicity, we'd expect around 200
participants. Some talks still need to be confirmed.

Food times will be: 12-2.30pm then 5pm - 7.30pm.  People will be given
vouchers that will be equivalent to a "meal of the day", but with the
voucher you can opt for something else.  There should be enough food
choice so that if people want to switch to something else, they can do
it.

For the Tourism Day (ex-DayTrip) we'll probably give out vouchers but
then trade them for some packed lunch. kevc will investigate some
options for that day and get quotes.

Regarding screens / projectors, we only have the German projector as
confirmed. There's been a "call for hardware" within locals, but no
projectors/screens were offered.  We probably will need to pay for
them.

Total A/V budget for projectors/video/PA has been set at 5k max. Kev
and daven to ensure that items are booked/organised this week.

Regarding the Celidh event (ex-Formal Dinner), kevc will get
prices/quotes organise a ceilidh for the last wednesday.

The press team needs to get re-organized. Sledge has already mailed
the list about this.

--
Besos,
Marga