[Debconf-team] Today's meeting

Hi!

As usual, this is the summary of today's meeting.

Regarding finances, we are still waiting for some money. We need GBP
13,500 to cover up to Queue A of Travel Sponsorship.  We hope to get
about GBP 10k from other sponsors. So we are still some GBP 3k short.
The DPL has offered to help pay for travel sponsorship with Debian
funds.

But our budget is extremely tight. We are still trying for more money,
but it seems likely that we might need to cut part of the travel
sponsorship. From the beds at the hostels that will be paid by
attendees, we might be able to get around GBP 4k. Which might be
useful to cover conference-time unforseen costs, but we can't really
depend on that money.

The logos for proceedings and T-shirts are mostly there.  Proceedings
are waiting for some extra papers, it's being proof-read by nattie and
mhy. It's currently 67 pages long, will grow but not much. Prices for
the printing (and the different options) still need to be found.

Changes need to be done in pentabarf so that attendees can let other
people know when they arrive or not.  This has an RT ticket but hasn't
been done yet. This needs to be addressed soon.

Accommodation team still trying to sort out numbers after
cancellations / people extending their dates. Should carry on trying
to sell off spare beds, but also ask the hostel about changing numbers
around between nights

Mail drafted to hostel asking for overbooked days to be shuffled to
underbooked days. no mention of negotiating off remaining overbooked
days. At last check, prior to emptying
the herb queue, 1.3K GBPs worth. Unclear how much would remain if we
answered "yes" to the whole herb queue.

Decision made to try and get this back from the hostel. Jon to ring in
morning to see how helpful they seem prior to sending the mail as a
summary.

Room allocation: cowgate re-nudged for room layouts, no response: aj
re-nudged about organising room allocation; no response. Marga offered
to do it if aj can't, alternative is random allocation. Jon will
re-nudge aj via more channels. Jon also to mail marga for some advice
on the approach to take.

DebianDay lineup is looking good.  An announcement is to be done soon.
There will be some lended PCs for that day, although maybe not as
many as we expected.

As already noted, Teviot has reduced 2k from the 10k figure for the
building, due to the overnight cut. That covers the extra costs, but
we still need to sort out the link with the night building.

The network plans still need to be worked out. Without the aruba
sponsoring, we need to do the wireless ourselves. Current plan is to
ask attendees to bring APs and lend them to DebConf. But it'd be good
to get a sponsor to lend us a bunch of APs, to make things less
chaotic. This needs to be further organized.

All the networking is still in process, since we don't even know which
rooms we'll use, because of some build-work being done at Teviot.
This will probably end up being done very close to DebCamp.

We still need to figure out the projectors / screens for the
conference.  There will be a call for hardware that will include them.
But we might explore other options.

Next team meeting for DebConf7 is 28 May (< 2 weeks before DC7) at 20
BST / 19 UTC, agenda at http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf7/Meetings

--
Besos,
Marga