Re: [Debconf-team] Family participation to Debconf7

On Mon, 2007-02-12 at 20:17 +0100, Fabio Tranchitella wrote:
>   So, is there any facility for children of that age near the location of
> the Debconf? I mean, kindergarten or activity centres where they could
> spend (let's say) half a day for a week with my wife while I enjoy talks
> and so on?

I can't make a specific recommendation myself, but there are certainly
lots of nurseries/creches/playgroups/kindergartens nearby.  You can see
some examples on http://tinyurl.com/3bajbz, and more by changing the
search term there -- not all of these provide for the appropriate age
group, but I saw some do at least.  I don't know if the local ones
generally deal with visiting children, though I imagine that they'd have
spaces during the DebConf period due to regulars being away on holiday
elsewhere.

If you can get a copy (it's easy to find in Edinburgh but seems to be
harder to locate online), you should get the book "Edinburgh for
under-fives", which has lots of good information about visiting
Edinburgh with children of this age group.

> given the fact that I would prefer accommodation and food
> at the very same location of the Debconf for avoiding useless travel time
> in the city.

This year the DebConf talk/hacking venue is right in the city centre, so
it's only a short walk to the tourist attractions/parks/cafes/shops with
necessary supplies, where your wife might want to go.

--
Moray