Re: [Debconf-team] sponsorship levels

On 10923 March 1977, Holger Levsen wrote:

> I honestly think it's a big mistake not to go with sponsorship levels, as was
> "decided" (*) in the sponsorship team meeting:
> (*) Ganneff was and is against it, so the decission was held off for debconf8.
> Great.

Yeah. Point at me, have fun. But realize its not only me, Maulkin is
(for DC7) also against it.

The thing is - levels can scare people away. "Oh, we need to pay that
much to get recognized? No thanks". IMO they dont help much.

And - its too late for DC7 to start with levels. We already have
sponsors, some already got invoices. It wouldnt be ok to now come up
with some different kind of recognition...

>  Ganneff is not even part of the sponsorsteam.

This list also not.

--
bye Joerg
[http://www.youam.net/stuff/info...-hosting.de/server-info.php]