Re: [Debconf-team] sponsorship levels

On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 03:55:26PM +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
> I honestly think it's a big mistake not to go with sponsorship levels,
> as was "decided" (*) in the sponsorship team meeting:
>
> 1. I believe, that we get more money from sponsors, if they have an
> incentive to spend more money to reach higher levels. Currently it
> doesnt really matter how much money they give. Organizers of other
> free-software conferences  supported me in this view.

The addition of such sponsorship levels could well scare off smaller
sponsors; people who are prepared to give what they can in support, but
would rather not contribute than be listed in the "second class
sponsorship" region. I don't know how many of this sort of level
contributes to Debconf however, so losing some of the lower end might
not be an issue.

J.

--
/-\                             |   The Sun is at the center of the
|@/  Debian GNU/Linux Developer |      Universe.      Copernicus