Re: [Debconf-team] Submissions for DebConf8 wanted

Hi,

btw, I got your mail twice.

On Tuesday 07 November 2006 22:36, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> > future DebConfs should be even better prepared than they are now, thats
> > why we (debconf-team) decided to plan DebConfs for two years in advance
> > from now.
> That heavily implies we are doing a bad job.

Hm. I tried to word it, so it doesnt sound like this. (But it seems I wasn't
so successful :) Any suggestions for a better wording?

> Currently I dislike the idea of deciding on DebConf9 Location in
> Edinburgh. Maybe 2 or 3 months after it. Still a long time then until
> the Conf.

Hm, thats what we discussed the first time in Mexico even, IIRC, and I never
heard objections to it. But of course you can only raise objections once you
realize them :)

I still like the idea of sitting together at DebConf and discussing and
deciding the venue in RL, but I see your point. Other opinions on this?

> Reason - we are working on DC7 right now. The decision for DC8 is coming
> soon also. And then preparing enough for a DC9 bid (Germany wants to
> have a DebConf then! :) ) seems to be a bit much in my eyes currently.

Drop the idea of having DebConf in Germany then ;-) *eg*

More seriously I dont think the DebConf8 decision procedure should still be
relevant by then... (for the people bidding for 9)

> > P.S.: And off course, you can also start planning for DebConf9 now ;-)
> For reasons said above I would drop that.

No. Anybody can start thinking about 2009 now - it's also partly a joke.

Thanks for the other comments!

I will wait for other replies and send a second draft either later today or
tomorrow.

regards,
	Holger