Re: [Debconf-team] Submissions for DebConf8 wanted

On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 09:37:28AM +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
> > Reason - we are working on DC7 right now. The decision for DC8 is coming
> > soon also. And then preparing enough for a DC9 bid (Germany wants to
> > have a DebConf then! :) ) seems to be a bit much in my eyes currently.
> Drop the idea of having DebConf in Germany then ;-) *eg*
> More seriously I dont think the DebConf8 decision procedure should still be
> relevant by then... (for the people bidding for 9)

I'm with Joerg, better to delay the dc9 decision 'til after dc7. My
reasoning is that between dc6 and dc7 we'll have decided on the locations
for dc7 and dc8, making this year decide three debconfs seems like too
much to me. I'd rather see the dc9 bids learn from Edi's successes and
failures before the decision's made, than have three conferences prepared
and chosen based on our experiences up to dc6.

Sorry if that reasoning doesn't make sense to anyone else :)

Cheers,
aj