Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf8, 9++ locations...

Junichi Uekawa dijo [Mon, Jul 17, 2006 at 04:23:22PM +0900]:
> > Sadly, it seems that all the flights go through the USA (or are
> > absurdly more expensive), so it means many people will have to get a
> > visa that is often denied. Even flights originating in the
> > southernmost countries (Chile, Argentina) are listed through the USA,
> > although probably they could get something via Australia.
>
> Most of people from Japan who attended Debconf in Mexico went through
> Canada, and that wasn't too expensive compared to other options.
> Wouldn't that option be available?

For us Mexicans, yes. For people from further South, I don't know -
seems geographically silly, and I don't know if a transit visa is
required for most South Americans (not for Mexicans).

Anyway, there is enough time to plan (and for diplomatic conditions
with Canada to change, of course).

Greeetings,

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23