Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf 7 location

Hello everyone,

Congrats to the EDI team; I think they got the bid fair and square.

Since I missed the final meeting, I'd like to offer my 2 cents/lipas on...

> <aj> One possibility I see for Sarajevo is having a regional
> mini-conference, or a regional "free software" conference -- both those have
> been quite successful in Australia. Both teams: Are there other local
> conferences you can go to if DC isn't local?
>
> SJJ: there are no other confs

Well, there's the Croatian Linux User Convention <http://cluc.linux.hr/>.
Held annually in Zagreb since '99, it usually features two or three
high-profile speakers from the international scene.  It's more oriented
towards users, but there's always stuff interesting for developers.  And
since Debian is pretty popular around here (the academic network uses it
almost exclusively), we'd love to have a Debian gathering!

Cheers,

Matej