Re: [Debconf-team] What if you don't get DebConf 7?

On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 11:46:01PM -0700, Patty Langasek wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 08, 2006 at 03:04:13AM +0200, Safir Secerovic wrote:
>
> > Yes, we are going for all or nothing proposal, we believe we are worth and
> > more than capable of having a great DebConf7 in Sarajevo. Thank you very much
> > for your proposal, but will not settle for less.
>
> I think what bothers me most about this statement is that it doesn't sound
> like the team is there to host DebConf for *Debian*, but rather wanting to
> host DebConf for *Sarajevo*. And while it's admirable and understandable to
> see one with a high sense of nationalism promote his or her homeland, it
> really concerns me that the priorities don't seem to be in a "proper" order.
>
> I do hope I misinterpreted that statement and that really wasn't what was
> meant.

I think we don't need to promote Sarajevo or BiH, but we need to promote
Free Software and Debian here. (so I guess it's the other way around ;-)

As for "all or none" aproach. We are talking about DebConf7, and the
decission about that issue. "What if", and "would you accept this or
that instead" is just empty talk. We'll do our best to present Sarajevo
as a host for next year, and it's up to you (DebianConf team) to make
the final decission. And *then* we may discuss that "what if" stuff, if
the need arises.