Re: [Debconf-team] Please clarify network connection

On 7/7/06, Amar Prasovic <amar@linux.org.ba> wrote:
On Monday, we expect a letter of confirmation from local ISP confirming
that they will sponsor AT LEAST 10 Mbps link during the DeboConf7. The
same ISP already provide a DSL connection to the hotel Terme so no
additional work will be required to set up a connection.
We will also try to get confirmations from other ISPs on link donations
by Monday.

These are more detailed information from Vedran Ljubovic (member of
our team responsible for the connection).  sending the e-mail
personally because we had problems with sending e-mails to this list
from linux.org.ba domain, and he had problems subscribing ...
So here is the mail:

We are in talks with three providers

* Team (www.team.ba) - They are resellers of Suse for Bosnia and probably
*the* Linux pioneers around here. One of our guys works there.
* Europronet (www.epn.ba) - Austrian company, they are sponsoring collocation
of our current server (www.linux.org.ba). Also one of our guys works there.
* Telecom of Bosnia (www.telecom.ba) - They basically fund all sorts of stuff
around here. I think that it would be easier to get money from them than
Internet link so I can't really vouch for them.

I spoke to EPN manager this morning and the donation is OK but the "letter of
intent" we can't get before Monday :( Anyway we will go for fully sponsored
connection. So connection will be free (no maybe!) and we will go for at
least 10 MB for DebConf + 2 MB dedicated link for video streaming. Even if it
means paying for it from our LUGs modest budget :) But I'm sure it wont be a
problem.

Senad Uka, aka testni_hamo2_sjj
--
Ja Rabbi zidni ilma ...