Re: [Debconf-team] Please clarify network connection

On Fri, 2006-07-07 at 21:01 +0200, Alexander Schmehl wrote:
> Hi!
>
> There seems to be some confusion about the network connection at the
> hotel.  You made different statement on irc about that and there was
> a wiki change at the venue comparision page [1] which conflicts
> previous statements:
>
> "In SJJ, Internet connection could be almost free, because a
> member of local LUG works at the [http://www.europronet.ba europroNET
> ISP]."
>
> I'm especially woried about the "could be almost free" part.  Up till
> now, I thought there would be a local provider willing to sponsor us.
> (Maybe I got it wrong; I took that as full sponsorship.)
>
> Since you seem to have allready thought about that, could you please
> clarify about the network connection you plan for the hotel?  And how
> much it will cost?  Rough estimation would be enough.

On Monday, we expect a letter of confirmation from local ISP confirming
that they will sponsor AT LEAST 10 Mbps link during the DeboConf7. The
same ISP already provide a DSL connection to the hotel Terme so no
additional work will be required to set up a connection.
We will also try to get confirmations from other ISPs on link donations
by Monday.