Re: [Debconf-team] PostgreSQL might join in EDI, not in SJJ

* Jimmy Kaplowitz (jimmy@debian.org) [060706 17:02]:
> I should qualify what I'm saying in this email by stating that
> PostgreSQL as a project has not decided anything about combining a
> conference with Debian, and they could say no, but it's definitely a
> strong possibility to consider for both you and them, and having them on
> board would probably be a major plus for making DebConf fundraise and
> run smoothly. This could only happen if you put DebConf7 in Edinburgh.

Actually, I don't think that merging two conferences is a good idea at
all. Debconf itself has actually a size large enough to almost loose
overview about the different people. (That doesn't mean anything
negative about postgresql conference - actually, if we would like to
merge our conference with another, postgresql would be high on my list.)
Also, merging two existing conferences means merging two different work
cultures from two different teams.

Also, I doubt that we should base a decision on the fact that perhaps
postgresql is willing to run a conference together with us if the
debconf organizers would in reality choose another location.

Cheers,
Andi
--
  http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/