Re: [Debconf-team] Criteria for Debconf location decision

On Thu, Jul 06, 2006 at 03:37:15PM +0100, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> Firstly, let me stress that I'm not involved in the Edinburgh bid at all
> - for a variety of reasons, I'm unlikely to make Debconf next year even
> if it gets held in my house. These are my own opinions.
[opinions snipped]

I agree with pretty much all the opinions you said above. Well said.
Especially relevant is that it's not at all clear city which would be
better for advocacy in the end, and that it's really unrelated to
DebConf's primary purposes anyway. I go to DebConf to network with other
Debian developers, to hack, and generally move the project forward in
various ways. Advocacy is nice for Debian Day, but not as a criterion in
choosing the location.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@debian.org