Re: [Debconf-team] Edinburgh Text

On Tue, Jul 04, 2006 at 12:17:21PM +0200, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> Hi
>
> Option 2 - Teviot
> =================
>
> https://gallery.debconf.org/Teviot
>
> The Teviot[1] is a building run by the student union. Entrance for
> weelchair people is via a lift[2] at the outside, and there is also a
> lift and toilets for disabled people inside, so this is fine.

I remember the lady said it was an assisted lift, so a wheelchair persons
needs help for moving around.

> Option 3 - Art College
> ======================
>
> https://gallery.debconf.org/ECA
>
> The Art[7] College[8][9] is also a few minutes away from the sleeping places. The
> parts of the building we would use surround a courtyard[10], the only venue
> here having this directly attached. They are used to changing the
> location, so we shouldnt have a problem setting up whatever we
> want/need. The canteen[11] is on the right side of the courtyard, rooms
> that we can use are at the top side[12] (behind the trucks on the picture).

Access to the building, and inside the building is great for wheelchair
people, even from/to the different parts of the building.

The rooms are very close to each other, so access to the different parts of
the hacklabs is easy and quick.

The auditorium *which we could not visit) does not need any preparation as is
properly set. The one in teviot is flat, instead of having an inclination for
the people on the back to see the front.

> I personally do not like Option 1, maybe because we couldnt get in, but
> also the above mentioned problems with the backside entrance, so
> comparing 2 and 3 my top candidate in Edinburgh is the Art College. It
> has the lecture halls, canteen and also hacking rooms all near each
> other surrounding the courtyard. The Teviot has a nice atmosphere with
> its very old building, but the next good outside location is a street
> away, so it lost against option 2.

Same here.

--
Jesus Climent                  info:www.pumuki.org dj:triplestereo.com
Unix SysAdm|Linux User #66350|Debian Developer|2.6.16|Helsinki Finland

Do us a favor...I know it's difficult for you...but please, stay here,
and try not to do anything...stupid.
		--Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Caribbean)