Re: [Debconf-team] Visiting Hokkaido, Japan; needing official-looking planning/recording document.

* Junichi Uekawa (dancer@netfort.gr.jp) [060703 15:39]:
> Hi,
>
> In two week's time, I'll be visiting Hokkaido, Japan, and I'll be
> meeting with munincipal government officials.  They will require some
> official-looking description of past Debconf and future plans.
> Do you guys have something which might help me?
>
> I might need to hack something up.
>

> What I have in mind is some description of what Debian is
> (contributions to open-source, World-wide coverage, presence, Linux
> industry as a whole, blah-blah-blah), what Debconf is meant to achieve
> and has achieved in the past (structure of the meeting, the number of
> people attending, expected sponsorship, international legal backing
> (SPI?)).

i would recommend the debconf5-final report, which describes the
event pretty well.

there are also some texts on the debconf website and this list
which describe the goals pretty well.

I usually give this rundown of debians imporance etc orally... i
never wrote something down. you can find something similar to
that in the sponsorship mail that i usually send to sponsors in
svn. but it is much shorter then what you seem to need.